Check Out Our Reviews4.9 out of 5 based on 160 reviews5.0 out of 5 starsS G - September 9, 20185.0 out of 5 starsPaula K - July 23, 20185.0 out of 5 starsMichelle E - July 4, 20185.0 out of 5 starsJon M - December 20, 2017
My family and I had beginner lessons with Martin and then hired a few boards for a day. Martin explained everything very clearly and we were quickly on our way. Martin's knowledge of the sport and equipment and also the area around the Townsville beaches helped up to really enjoy our time on the boards. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.IntheLoop Australia320-322 Flinders MallTowsnsville, QLD 4810Mobile Phone: 0415 837 484
SUP Surf Lessons
So you are keen to ride waves in Townsville?
Intheloop offers SUP surfing lessons suitable for any level. A SUP Surf lesson is designed to get you safely catching waves in a very short time.
Our Stand Up Paddle Surf lesson focus on;
- Safety in the surf, locations
- Board handling and manoeuvering- all you need to know to get onto your 1st waves
- Paddling techniques for SUP surfing
- Swell and weather conditions in Townsville region/ North Queensland
We have a few good wave locations for SUP surfing in the Townsville region and we have worked out when and where the swell works at times.
We have one very good beginner location for our 1st timers keen to do a sup surf lesson.
Magnetic Island is an intermediate skills location and Alva Beach for advanced/experts only.
Get in touch with us and we will take you to the right location depending on the conditions. Get Stoked and catch some waves up here.
- $150 for a two lesson SUP in the Surf package (includes a flat water session and a surf session)- 2 hours
- $50 per person for a private one-to-one session (for those who have already got some flat water paddling experience)- 90mins
These intensive sessions cover:
- Common mistakes every surfer makes when starting to SUP in the surf
- How to avoid or overcome these problems
- Equipment – how to choose the right board and paddle for your ability
- Surf etiquette – how to safely handle yourself and your board in the line-up
Prior to a SUP wave riding lesson, students must;
- Be a confident swimmer and be able to swim at least 100 metres in surf conditions
- Complete one of our flat water lessons
- Be prepared to wait till the conditions are right
If you’ve never surfed before, SUP Surfing is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to start catching waves and we take you to the best locations for it. Stand Up Paddle Surfing opens up a whole new dimension of water time and fun. You can have hours of fun catching the smallest of waves or paddle down the beach and find your own, uncrowded wave.
And for those surfers keen to give it a go, it can also improve short or long board surfing skills.
Our SUP Surf lessons are designed to not only take novices safely into the world of SUP wave riding, but also for more experienced surfers who are finding the transition to SUP wave riding frustrating.
The key to successful SUP wave riding is to make sure you’re on the right board for your skill level – because you want to be riding waves, not floundering around and falling off the board.