The best way to discover Kiteboarding!
Discover Kiteboarding and elevate your water sports experience! The Kiteboarding programs are designed to help you learn in a safe way. Your instructor will respect your rythm and take you through all the steps to reach your goals.
Your level will be certified with your Kiteboarder Card at the end of your lesson, or you can move on to the next level of riding!
Kiteboarder Level 1:
- Can determine safe conditions for training site and is able to identify hazards through a spot assessment.
- Can launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant.
- Can demonstrate basic flying skills with kite: control the kite on the edge of the wind window.
- Can twist and untwist the lines while flying and is able to walk and change directions with the kite flying.
- Can set-up 4/5-line kite with a full depower system including pre-flight checks and ground handling.
- Understands and can use the international communication signs.
- Can assist for launching and landing. Can launch and land the kite to an assistant (4/5-line depower kite).
- Can control the kite hooked into the harness, understands the depower system and can use the safety systems.
- Can demonstrate advanced flying skills with the depower kite (foil or inflatable that can easily be relaunched from the water), showing full control of depower systems in flight.
- Can recover the bar and kite, can perform kite self landing.
- Can enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
- Can water relaunch a kite.
- Can perform first bodydrag.
- Intermediate Kiteboarder Program
- Once you complete this program, you will start riding on the board. You will be ready to continue to the next level of riding and become an independant kiteboarder!
Kiteboarder Level 2:
- Can bodydrag downwind showing an understanding of the correct kite position in the wind window.
- Can show change of direction to the left and right when bodydragging, using correct kite positioning.
- Can recover the kite and bar in the water.
- Can recover board by bodydragging.
- Can bodydrag one handed and use the board to bodydrag upwind.
- Can enter and exit at the same point body dragging.
- Is able to demonstrate the power stroke as for a water start.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects.
- Can determine the wind strength, direction and quality.
- Knows the right of way rules.
- Knows how to set up a board and ability to choose the right type for specific conditions.
- Knows safety rules and theory for water start.
- Is able to choose and maintain riding direction
Independent Kiteboarder Program
Once you have completed this program, you will be able to start jumping and you will be a truly independant rider! Kiteboarding is a sport that is easy to travel with, so go explore different locations, water surfaces and wind strenghts! Check the list of IKO affiliated schools to chose your location!
Kiteboarder Level 3:
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for the water start.
- Can water start in both directions.
- Can ride a short distance.
- Control the riding speed and stop.
- Can ride amongst other riders and water users respecting the right of way rules.
- Is able to change direction without stopping.
- Can ride in any direction on request.
- Can demonstrate a self-rescue and full pack-down in the water.
- Snow an awareness and assessment of the risks for the area.
- Is able to self launch.
- Knows the theory and the safety rules for jumping.
- Can demonstrate and land a basic jump.